Compiled by SEMA Editors
Yokohama Tire has announced it has partnered with Crandon International Raceway, making Yokohama the official tire of the off-road facility.
Yokohama Tire Named Official Tire of Crandon International Raceway
Yokohama Tire has announced it has partnered with Crandon International Raceway, making Yokohama the official tire of the off-road facility. The agreement begins at the upcoming Crandon Forest County Potawatomi Community Brush Run races and includes the rebranding of the track’s red-and-white barn, as well as other track signage and on-site hospitality. Yokohama is also supporting several trucks in the expanding Pro 2 category of the upcoming 2019 Lucas Oil Midwest Short Course League season. Yokohama’s GEOLANDAR M/T G003 tire will be on several Pro 2 entries, including 2011 Crandon AMSOIL Cup winner Chad Hord.
OPTIMA Batteries Announces Ride Shotgun Experience
OPTIMA Batteries has announced its inaugural Ride Shotgun promotion, offering enthusiasts an opportunity to experience adventures with six OPTIMA PowerPro Ambassadors. Enthusiasts interested in entering the promotion will be able to explain why they deserve the chance to ride shotgun with their favorite OPTIMA PowerPro Ambassador at www.OPTIMARideShotgun.com. One winner will be selected for each unique Ride Shotgun experience. The promotion runs until September 15, with final winners being announced at the 2019 SEMA Show in Las Vegas on November 5. Experiences include:
- Ride Shotgun with James Clay at the 24-Hour Race in Nürburgring: The winner of this experience will travel to Germany for the 24-hour Nürburgring race, where they will receive crew passes and join Clay for the pre-race/practice run on the track.
- Ride Shotgun with Betim Berisha at the Pikes Peak Airstrip: The winner of this experience will travel to Colorado to meet BBI Motorsports owner Betim Berisha and run the Pikes Peak Airstrip Attack held at the Colorado Springs Airport. The winner will receive press passes with exclusive access to the event.
- Ride Shotgun with Loren Healy at King of the Hammers: The winner of this experience will travel to King of the Hammers, where they will receive press passes to meet Healy and his team and suit up to ride shotgun on the King of the Hammers course as well as a qualifying run.
- Ride Shotgun with Mike Weiss at a Drag Event: The winner will meet Weiss and the Weistec team for a two-day drag-racing event, where they will ride shotgun during a run down the drag strip.
- Ride Shotgun with Edwin Evers: The winner of this experience will travel to a BASS fishing tournament location, where they’ll meet professional angler Evers. They will receive press passes with exclusive access to tournament events and venues and enjoy a day out on the water bass fishing with Evers.
Ride Shotgun with Larry McRae on the Rubicon Trail: The winner of this experience will travel to Georgetown, Utah, to meet Jeep enthusiast McRae for dinner and pre-trip planning for the Rubicon trail ride. The winner will ride with McRae on the Rubicon trail, ending the experience at Lake Tahoe.
For more racing news, visit Performance Racing Industry’s (PRI) website.