By: Kristopher Porter
|Matt Beenen of Builtright Industries (with check) was named the winner of the 2018 SEMA Launch Pad, presented by the Young Executives Network.|
The seventh annual SEMA Launch Pad presented by YEN is accepting applications for new, innovative automotive products and/or services from business entrepreneurs under age 40. As a reminder, you do not need to be a SEMA member to apply to compete, and if chosen as one of the 15 semi-finalists, your company receives a complimentary membership to SEMA (up to a $1,000 value).
The SEMA Launch Pad is the premier automotive business competition offering young innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs a platform at the largest automotive aftermarket B2B gathering—the SEMA Show in Las Vegas. Through this competition, applicants will be narrowed down to 15 semi-finalists who will be further narrowed down to five finalists via a social media voting campaign. The five finalists will have the opportunity to pitch their product to a panel of industry judges in front of a live audience to win the grand prize designed to advance their business.
Ready to learn more and apply? Click here.
2019 Prize Packages
GRAND PRIZE: One Winner
- The finalist, top 10 and semi-finalist prizes plus:
- $10,000 to be used for the benefit of your business
- Turnkey exhibit space with premium placement at the 2019 SEMA Show*
- One full-page, four-color advertisement in SEMA News magazine
- Up to three hours of free custom scanning services at the SEMA Garage
- SEMA Manufacturers' Rep Network: Distribution/sales support consultation meeting
FINALISTS PRIZE: Five Competitors
The top 10 and semi-finalist prizes plus:
- Invitation to pitch at the live event for the grand prize held on November 4.
TOP TEN: 10 participants
- The semi-finalist prizes plus:
- Complimentary 2019 SEMA Show "Kiosk" Booth*
- Two exhibitor passes to the SEMA Show
- Two tickets to the SEMA Banquet
- One-hour mentoring session with an industry leader
- Widespread awareness of your brand and business
SEMI-FINALISTS PRIZE: 15 participants
- One-year SEMA membership.
- Complimentary registration to the 2019 Exhibitor Summit, two nights of hotel and meals at the event (June 18–19)
- $500 award to be used toward flight cost to the 2019 Exhibitor Summit.
- License to use the SEMA-filmed pitch video on company marketing deliverables.
- Widespread awareness of your business through SEMA communication channels
*All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize-winning company. Tax liability is based on the value of the prizes. All prize winners must complete a W-9 in order to receive a prize.
**No changes are permitted to the booth layout. Company does not accrue SEMA Show seniority points by reason of exhibiting at a 2019 SEMA Show “Kiosk” Booth in New Products Showcase Area or the “Turn-key” Exhibit Space with Premium Placement in the 2020 SEMA Show.
Learn more: Terms & Conditions.