By SEMA Editors
Dr. Jamie Meyer
Results of the 2018 SEMA Board of Directors election are in, with Donnie Eatherly from P&E Distributors Inc., Dan Kahn from Kahn Media Inc., Brian Lounsberry from Motovicity Distribution, Dr. Jamie Meyer from General Motors and Steve Whipple from Edelbrock LLC elected to serve on the Board.
While Kahn is a current SEMA Board member who was re-elected onto the group, Eatherly has served as a past Board member, and Lounsberry, Meyer and Whipple will join as new SEMA Board members.
The following is the complete list of the 2018–2019 SEMA Board of Directors, effective at the close of the board meeting, July 20:
- Chairman of the Board: Wade Kawasaki, Coker Group
- Chairman-Elect: Tim Martin, K&N Engineering Inc.
- Immediate-Past Chairman and Secretary: Doug Evans, Crower Cams & Equipment Co. Inc.
- Treasurer: Peter Lehman, Granite Creek Capital Partners LLC
- Greg Adler, Transamerican Auto Parts
- Chris Douglas, COMP Performance Group
- Donnie Eatherly, P&E Distributors Inc.
- Kyle Fickler, Aeromotive Inc.
- Dan Kahn, Kahn Media Inc.
- James Lawrence, Power Automedia
- Brian Lounsberry, Motovicity Distribution
- Dr. Jamie Meyer, General Motors
- Les Rudd, Bob Cook Sales
- Steve Whipple, Edelbrock LLC
David Goch of Webster, Chamberlain & Bean LLP, and Russ Deane, of Trainum, Snowdon & Deane, continue as general counsels.
SEMA Board members are industry representatives who volunteer their time to lead and guide the association. They are elected by all SEMA-member companies and represent the key membership categories: manufacturers, distributors/retailers, manufacturers’ rep and services.
The entire 2018–2019 SEMA Board of Directors will be honored and recognized during the SEMA Installation & Gala in July. At the same time, outgoing SEMA Board members Jim Bingham of Winner’s Circle Speed & Custom Inc., Susan Carpenter of CPG, Laurel Dasher of MagnaFlow and Nick Gramelspacher of Meyer Distributing will be concluding their volunteer terms and honored for their service and contributions. The event will also feature a special tribute to the 2018 SEMA Hall of Fame inductees: Donnie Eatherly, Ed Pink and Chris Thomson.
Details and tickets to the SEMA Installation & Gala are available at www.sema.org/gala.