By SEMA Editors
The regional Young Guns winners will participate in the 2017 Battle of the Builders competition that includes more than 300 entries.
In an effort to identify and support young builders who may not already have an approved vehicle at the 2017 SEMA Show, SEMA partnered with regional event promoters during the past six months to provide heightened exposure for up-and-coming builders. Builders age 27 or younger were selected by partnering organizations (AutoCon, Bonnier and Goodguys Rod & Custom Association) to receive a Young Guns prize package that includes an all-expense-paid trip for two to the 2017 SEMA Show, transportation of the winner’s vehicle, a designated feature spot at the Show and entry into the Battle of the Builders.
Young Guns regional winners are:
- Dylan Coleman: ’96 BMW e30 M3 (Winner of AutoCon Los Angeles, from Los Angeles)
- Austin Haynes: ’70 C/10 (Winner of Street Machine Nationals, from Johnson City, Illinois)
- Zach Johanson: ’70 Camaro (Winner of West Coast Nationals, from Hayward, California)
- Jacob Neuenschwander: ’04 Dodge Ram 2500 (Winner of 4Wheel Jamboree, from Bluffton, Ohio)
- Henry Song: ’15 BMW 135 (Winner of AutoCon East, from Annandale, Virginia)
- Cody Taintor: ’96 Ford Bronco (Winner of Bloomsburg 4-Wheel Jamboree, from Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey)
The regional Young Guns winners will participate in the competition that includes more than 300 entries. Finalists will be announced during the 2017 SEMA Show, with the winner crowned at the official SEMA Show after-party, SEMA Ignited, on Friday, November 3, in Las Vegas.
The competition is the basis for a nationwide TV special that will premiere on the Velocity Channel in January 2018. Features and behind-the-scenes footage from the exclusive trade-only SEMA Show will be shown during the television special.
For more information, visit www.SEMAignited.com.