By Amelia Zwecher
The SEMA Virtual Career Fair is a great opportunity for employers to take advantage of inexpensive branding and future talent pipeline development.
SEMA will host its inaugural virtual recruiting event June 1, 2017, from 12:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m. (EDT). This event—designed for industry employers who may be hiring within the next 6–12 months—is a great opportunity to take advantage of inexpensive branding and future talent pipeline development. Networking with student and non-student job seekers is among the many steps in helping to keep the automotive aftermarket industry alive.
A virtual career fair is an interactive online platform connecting job seekers to industry employers in a one-day event. Virtual recruitment events are gaining prominence and becoming the preferred college recruitment tool.
According to CareerEco, top reasons to participate as an employer in the virtual fair include:
- Lower recruiting costs by using SEMA’s online virtual solution to screen and recruit quality candidates.
- Interact in your own chat room with the option to conduct video interviews.
- Unlimited access to all registered candidates’ information, including exporting electronic résumés.
- Save time, travel and the number of staff required to participate in on-site events.
- Efficiently involve subject-matter experts and other decision makers in the recruiting process.
- Eliminate transportation and overhead costs associated with booth design and production.
Early registration ends April 28, and costs $75 per employer—a $50 savings for those who register before the early-bird deadline.
According to CareerEco, each employer package includes the following:
- Unlimited job postings.
- An employer profile page showcasing the organization’s unique brand.
- An exclusive chat room allowing for real-time engagement in group and personalized one-to-one interactions.
- Unlimited number of recruiters who may attend chat sessions.
- A tool to conduct video interviews (optional feature, not required).
- A tool to conduct video and/or audio broadcasts or screencast presentations to multiple attendees simultaneously (optional feature, not required).
- Multi-recruiter access to search résumés, preselect from and capture résumés of registered candidates (option to create résumé books).
- Unrestricted timeframe to filter and export candidates’ profile details and contact information.
Please contact Amelia F. Zwecher, PhD, PHR, manager of career services, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.