By Amelia Zwecher
Hire a part-time/temp recruiter or employment agency if you do not have a dedicated HR team.
In the digital age, it’s crucial for employers to have an online presence via social media and job boards in order to recruit new candidates. Here are some more tips hiring managers can utilize to attract and hire qualified employees:
1. Hire a part-time/temp recruiter or employment agency if you do not have a dedicated HR team.
2. Track metrics: time to fill, time to accept, cost per hire vs. cost per vacancy, quality of hires, source of new hire (which source triggered this new hire to apply), and hiring manager satisfaction.
3. Branding is the process of promoting a company or an organization as the employer of choice to a desired target group, one which a company needs and wants to recruit and retain. How can you achieve this?
- Create social media accounts to promote your organization.
- Create an account with Glassdoor; this allows you to develop a campaign around advertising/promoting your organization. Also, employees and the public are able to post comments about your organization.
- Attend career fairs and job fairs frequently even if you haven’t hired individuals from these events. It’s an opportunity to promote your company’s name.
- Create a Youtube video of employees providing testimonials about their experiences at your organization.
- Create groups in Linkedin to promote career opportunities.
- In job descriptions, be sure to include information about your organizational culture (something that will attract applicants; i.e., emphasize the importance of team, flexible work environment, employees’ quality of life, or wellness). Be clear with competencies for each role.
For more information, contact Amelia F. Zwecher, TAS, manager, career services, at firstname.lastname@example.org.