By Amelia Zwecher
Recruiting new employees is a process that requires a lot of time and patience.
Many different strategies can be used for recruiting new employees—a process that requires a lot of time and patience. Here are some tips hiring managers can utilize to help ease this process and improve their chances of attracting and hiring qualified employees:
1. Survey new hires during orientation/onboarding and follow new hires’ first weeks of employment; this information may help improve processes (sample questions are available upon request).
2. Create Service Level Agreements (SLA) between hiring managers and recruiters; this will ensure that the hiring process follows an expedient standard that places accountability on the hiring managers (sample SLAs are available).
3. Encourage employee referrals through bonuses and other non-monetary or monetary rewards. Statistics show that referrals are often the best source of new hires because referrals reflect the quality of the referee.
4. Make sure to post openings to your company’s website and remove closed positions. At minimum, post an e-mail address for more information about career opportunities.
5. Post to more than one job board (a few examples are below). There is no one way to recruit top talent, and what was a great method for one role may require a different method for another position.
For more information, contact Amelia F. Zwecher, TAS (manager, career services) at email@example.com.