By SEMA Editors
A special limited-time exhibit celebrating Team Penske’s 50 years in motorsports will be on display at the 2016 Performance Racing Industry (PRI) Trade Show, December 8–10, at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis.
Presented in collaboration with the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum, the exhibit will showcase an exclusive collection of the team’s winning cars in open-wheel, stock-car and sports-car competition from the past five decades, including:
- ’79 Gould PC6 driven by Rick Mears (Indianapolis 500 winner).
- ’81 Norton PC9 driven by Bobby Unser (Indianapolis 500 winner).
- ’94 Marlboro PC23 driven by Al Unser Jr. (Indianapolis 500 winner).
- ’01 Dallara IR2 driven by Helio Castroneves (Indianapolis 500 winner).
- ’12 Dodge Discount Tire Challenger driven by Brad Keselowski (NASCAR Nationwide Series Indianapolis winner).
- ’15 Ford Shell Pennzoil Fusion driven by Joey Logano (Daytona 500 winner).
Team Penske has produced more than 430 major race wins, more than 500 pole positions and 29 national championships across open-wheel, stock-car and sports-car racing competition, including the 2016 Verizon IndyCar Series Championship with driver Simon Pagenaud. The team has also earned 16 Indianapolis 500 victories, two Daytona 500 Championships, a Formula 1 win and overall victories in the 24 Hours of Daytona and the 12 Hours of Sebring.
Also included in Penske’s PRI Show exhibit will be the PPG Cup Trophy, a ’94 Pushrod display engine and the ’15 Daytona 500 trophy, as well as the Borg-Warner Trophy, which will be on display during Show hours, Thursday, December 8.
Racing legend Bobby Unser and others are scheduled to appear as part of Penske’s 50th anniversary exhibit.
For more information or to register for the 2016 PRI Trade Show, visit www.pri2016.com.