By Chad Simon
Backed by the official SEMA Show housing partner OnPeak, all Showgoers receive a lowest-rate guarantee, ensuring the best deal for each hotel contract.
The 2016 SEMA Show will showcase cutting-edge new products, the coolest custom rides, the latest industry trends, endless networking opportunities and informative seminars all in one place. With just 41 days left until the start of the Show, now is the time for buyers and other attendees to finalize their plans if they haven’t already done so, in which case the following three steps should be taken immediately:
- Register for The Show—SEMA Show online registration is $40. Showgoers who register prior to Friday, October 14, will have their badges delivered via mail. The badge is your all-access pass to the Show and many of its attractions and special events, including entrance to the New Products Showcase one hour before the Show opens each day, and free entrance to the SEMA Ignited after-party.
- Reserve Your Hotel Room—Find the latest deals on hotels for Show week. Backed by the official SEMA Show housing partner OnPeak, all Showgoers receive a lowest-rate guarantee, ensuring the best deal for each hotel contract.
- Review The Show’s Floorplan—With more than 2,400 exhibitors, the Show is segmented into 12 sections spread throughout the halls and grounds of the Las Vegas Convention Center. To navigate the Show and achieve your goals, you need a plan. Find the location of exhibitors you want to see by using the 2016 SEMA Show floorplan.
After registering for the Show and booking hotel rooms, it is recommended that attendees utilize the following resources, which are designed to help maximize their SEMA Show efforts:
The New Products Showcase is the SEMA Show’s No. 1 destination.
- New Products Showcase—Visit the SEMA Show’s No. 1 destination. The 2016 New Products Showcase will once again be located on the Skybridge between Central and South Halls, opening Tuesday through Friday at 8:00 a.m. Free scanners are available, which will allow users to get instant product information, including the exhibitor’s booth location.
- Friday Is Still Better—All exhibitors are ready to do business on Friday, from 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m. at the Las Vegas Convention Center. The New Products Showcase, Ford Out Front, GM Proving Ground, SEMA Central, West Coast Customs Experience, Baja 1000 Score Exhibit, Optima Alley, Hot Rod Alley, Continental Tire Extreme Experience and Arctic Cat are also in operation on Friday. With the SEMA Battle of the Builders® competition, SEMA Cruise and the official industry after-party—SEMA Ignited—Friday will once again be the best day of the Show.
- SEMA Show Mobile App—The official SEMA Show App is available for download from each mobile device’s native app store. The mobile app contains detailed exhibitor information, interactive floorplans and up-to-date event and education information—all from the convenience of your mobile device. This year featuring a 50th anniversary theme, the app is a great way to maximize your time at the Show. The mobile app, which essentially puts the entire SEMA Show in your pocket, can also be downloaded.
More than 500 new exhibitors will join this year’s Show from every market.
There’s always something new to see and new connections to make at the SEMA Show. Each year, hundreds of companies attend the Show for the first time, providing buyers with access to more companies and products to meet the demands of their customers. The Show’s 12 sections represent an immense spectrum of specialty equipment, and more than 2,400 exhibiting companies will be in attendance, including more than 500 new exhibitors who are joining this year’s Show from every market. Located in the Westgate and Performance Pavilion, the First Time & Featured Exhibitors sections were created for first-time exhibitors and exhibitors displaying products typically found in other sections of the Show. These areas showcase companies that are new to the SEMA Show and are one-stop shops to all new and innovative brands.
The following is a sample of some of this year’s first-time exhibitors:
To view all of the first-time exhibitors and their sections, visit the SEMA Show website.
Media can stay up-to-date on the latest SEMA Show exhibitor news by regularly checking the Online Media Center.
Buyers and media can stay up-to-date on the latest exhibitor news via the SEMA Show Online Media Center. Exhibiting companies frequently announce their product debuts, vehicle unveils and other activities that will take place during the 2016 SEMA Show. For a complete list of exhibitor news, visit the SEMA Show website. Exhibitors can upload a press release to the Online Media Center for free. For a complete list of exhibitor news, visit the SEMA Show website.
Here are the most recent announcements:
- ididit, Booth #22989: Since its release in early August, ididit’s ’40 Ford straight steering column has been getting a lot of attention. The brushed stainless steel finish and ’40s-style dress-up kit with brass knobs make this special-edition column a classic update of a time-honored hot-rod column. The innovative column took home the coveted Best New Product Award at the 47th Annual Street Rod Nationals in Louisville, Kentucky, last month.
- Colorbond Automotive Paint, Booth #23793: ColorBond Automotive Paint has introduced a new line of high-performance aerosol paint—Pro Tech Industrial High Solid Aerosol Enamels—a great solution for industrial and MRO touch-up applications. The formulation has a high-opacity build film to help repair and touch up the worst affected areas. Toughness and durability are characteristics of this high-solids direct-to-metal formula. It provides maximum protection against weathering, rust, oil, gasoline and corrosive chemicals. The product can be used to provide protection to a wide variety of metal and previously finished substrates. Use the product on vehicle frames, machinery, racking, bins, tanks, piping and ornamental iron.
- Romik, Booth #34154: To date, Romik offers the largest selection of SUV products in the world. With European styling and the best warranty available, Romik will let your customers sell to vehicle brands and open new doors to a growing business. Romik knows that being first to market is important to distributors and jobbers and with engineering teams in two continents we are able to come first 99% of the time. Unique styling, patented designs and the world’s largest selection of SUV products are why our motto is “Quality, Selections. The Professional’s Choice.”
- Boom Mat, Booth #20013: Boom Mat now offers a new leather-look Jeep Headliner for late-model two- and four-door JKs. The leather look sound-deadening headliner is still as durable and easy to maintain as the original; even after the most challenging off-road adventure. Available in either a black or gray faux leather, this custom-cut, peel-and-stick kit greatly dresses up the interior while reducing noise 3–4 decibels, translating into close to 25% noise reduction.
- Cliffride, Booth #33312: The new Cleghorn light bar cowl from Cliffride is a precision-molded factory replacement to the vehicle’s OE windshield wiper cowl on ’07-’16-model Jeep JK Wranglers. The innovative cowl design incorporates a 31-in., single-row LED light bar that is securely mounted to the vehicle’s inner hood-hinge bolts, using the steel powdercoated brackets provided in the installation kit.
Seventy-two percent of last year’s education session attendees said the SEMA Show conference tracks were the best way to keep up with the latest industry trends.
The vast diversity and innovation-driven focus of the SEMA Show makes it an unparalleled platform for exchanging ideas that will challenge and equip both individuals and businesses to meet the needs of today while preparing for the opportunities of tomorrow. The SEMA Show education program typically includes more than five-dozen sessions. Topics will focus on industry trends, technologies and opportunities, while also addressing basic business practices, such as customer service, accounting, marketing and social media. View the SEMA Show Education Days schedule.
Many SEMA Show exhibitors will host an industry icon, TV personality, celebrity or famous vehicle in their booths. View the complete schedule of celebrity appearances at the 2016 SEMA Show.
The 2016 SEMA Show art and graphics have received a makeover, courtesy of the pencil stylings of famed automotive artist Ed Tillrock.
Located in the Central Hall pre-function area, the SEMA Show Art Walk is “the place where we encountered the artwork of Ed Tillrock, this year’s Show artist, and Max Grundy, who preceded him in designing our Show art,” said Tom Gattuso, SEMA Show director. Art Walk visitors will be able to meet and network with exhibiting artists, see their latest creations and even take home artistic souvenirs for the office or home.
We’re here to help. We want your SEMA Show experience to be as easy and enjoyable as possible so that you can concentrate on the important things, such as seeing new products, getting new ideas, discovering new trends, meeting new exhibitors and checking in with your favorite exhibitors. The SEMA Show Strategy Guide is filled with recommendations and suggestions for booking your travel to Las Vegas, ground transportation options, places to eat well but inexpensively, free entertainment hot spots, suggested tipping amounts and more.
Not registered for the Show? Don’t miss out on the best business opportunity of the year. Register now.
For more information about the 2016 SEMA Show, visit www.SEMAShow.com.