By Becca Butler
Press conference applications are due Friday, July 29.
Thousands of editors and reporters attend the SEMA Show each year looking to fill the pages of their publications with the latest breaking news, the hottest products and leading trends in the industry. With more than 2,300 hundred exhibiting companies and just four short days on the Show floor, catching the attention of the media can be a challenge.
Hosting a press conference can be a great way to communicate news to a large number of media. However, exhibitors should know that press conferences do require a great deal of time and effort, and they limit the media to a specific, single time to hear news.
In lieu of hosting an official press conference, here are some other things exhibitors can consider to garner media coverage at the 2016 SEMA Show:
- Enter a product in the New Products Showcase: As the number one destination for buyers and media, the New Products Showcase is the ideal place for exhibitors to house their new or featured products. The first product entry is completely free and offers additional brand exposure and publicity. Enter your product here.
- Engage in social media: Connect with buyers and media by participating in social media using the hashtag #SEMA2016.
- Submit your news to the Online Media Center: Exhibitors can announce their Show-related news on the SEMA Show Online Media Center. This free service is a great way to generate buzz about your company prior to the Show. Editors, reporters and SEMA’s publications team use the Online Media Center to fill the pages of their magazines.
- Host a product training session: Exhibitors who want to demonstrate the technical applications of their products can apply to host a product training session and invite the media to attend. Application and details are available here.
- Offer exclusive interviews to reporters: Contact reporters before the Show takes place, offering story ideas, images, facts and access to company executives for exclusive interviews. Many publications plan special SEMA Show editions in advance of the Show.
Companies interested in hosting a press conference at the SEMA Show should watch this video. If you decide a press conference is the best option for your team, be sure to submit an application before Friday, July 29. Applications are available on the website.
For more information on all of the PR opportunities available for SEMA Show exhibitors, contact Becca Butler at email@example.com, 909-978-6669.