Young entrepreneurs have the opportunity to bring their new products to the SEMA Show to compete for a grand-prize package designed to launch the winner’s business to the next level.
By Bryan Harrison
Calling all young entrepreneurs with the next big automotive aftermarket product! The SEMA Launch Pad powered by YEN is a platform for you to transform your dream into a growing business.
Young entrepreneurs have the opportunity to bring their new products to the SEMA Show to compete for a grand-prize package designed to launch the winner’s business to the next level. Any executive with an automotive aftermarket product or service is encouraged to apply. You do not have to be a SEMA member to participate.
Ten finalists will be given the opportunity to pitch their product to industry icons in front of a live audience at the 2016 SEMA Show.
Prize packages include:
Semi-Finalist (14 participants):
- One-year complimentary SEMA membership.
- Complimentary registration to the 2016 Exhibitor Summit, two nights of hotel and meals at the event (June 21–22).
- $500 grant to be used toward the cost of travel to the 2016 Exhibitor Summit.
Finalists (10 participants):
- All the semi-finalist prizes, and:
- Complimentary 2016 SEMA Show kiosk booth in the New Products Showcase area.*
- Two exhibitor passes to the SEMA Show.
- Two tickets to the SEMA Banquet.
- A one-hour mentoring session with an industry icon.
Winner (one participant):
- All the semi-finalist prizes, finalist prizes and:
- SEMA News: One full-page, four-color ad.
- SEMA eNews: One full-page article.
- SEMA YEN Member News: Featured section in one article.
- SEMA Show: Turnkey exhibit space with premium placement at the 2017 SEMA Show*
- SEMA Garage: One full day of photography studio usage and up to three hours of free custom scanning services.
- SEMA Data Co-op: 50% off supplier monthly membership fees for your first year. Up to a $3,600 value.
- SEMA Education: One video feature in SEMA's “BizTips” video series.
- SEMA Manufacturers’ Rep Network: Distribution/sales support consultation meeting.
- Hot Rod Magazine: A page equivalent advertisement in Hot Rod magazine and 200k banners on the Hot Rod network.
- Family Events: Event-level sponsorship package to either a family events truck and off-road group property or a family events performance car group property.
* No changes are permitted to the booth layout. Company does not accrue SEMA Show seniority points by reason of exhibiting at a 2016 SEMA Show kiosk booth in the New Products Showcase area or the turnkey exhibit space with premium placement at the 2017 SEMA Show. All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winning company. Tax liability is based on the value of the prizes.