As the winner of the Sony Gran Truismo Award for Best in Show, Sung Kang’s ’73 Datsun 240Z “Fugu Z” will be a playable vehicle in the Gran Turismo franchise on PS4.
By SEMA Editors
During the 2015 SEMA Show, Sony announced the winners of the company’s Gran Truismo Awards. Selected by experts from the automotive media and industry tastemaker, the 2015 GT Awards highlight the best vehicles from five different categories: Best Truck or SUV, Hot Rod, Domestic Automobile, Asian Import and European Import.
The judges narrowed the five category selections down to the following:
- Best Domestic: ’70 Dodge Charger – Judge: Autoblog
- Best Euro: ’85 BMW 535i – Judge: Hoonigan
- Best Import: ’73 Datsun 240Z – Judge: Super Street
- Best Hot Rod: ’78 Ford Mustang Hard Top – Judge: Bangshift
- Best Truck: ’68 Chevrolet C10 Pro-Touring – Judge: Truck Trend Network
For the coveted Best in Show honor, Gran Turismo creator and series producer Kazunori Yamauchi selected the ’73 Datsun “Fugu Z” 240Z owned by Sung Kang of the Fast and Furious film franchise, and built with GReddy Racing and partners.