By SEMA Editors
The recreation of the Back to the Future ’16 Toyota Tacoma will be on display in Toyota’s SEMA Show booth (#24700).
Toyota celebrated October 21, 2015—the futuristic date first introduced in Back to the Future Part II—with a re-creation of Marty McFly’s dream truck. Using the all-new ’16 Toyota Tacoma that went on sale in September, fans in Los Angeles, New York and Dallas could see the truck in major tourist destinations. Additionally, one of the trucks will also be on display at Toyota’s booth at the 2015 SEMA Show, to be held November 3–6 in Las Vegas.
To make the ’16 Tacoma look like a modern-day version of the classic from the movie, a number of modifications were made, including:
- Custom ’85 Toyota truck exterior paint
- Off-road suspension
- Toyota Racing Development (TRD) wheels
- BFGoodrich tires
- Custom front and rear tubular bumpers
- Custom light bar
- KC HiLites Gravity LED G46
- KC HiLites Daylighter Gravity LED
- Custom “D-4S” fuel-injection badging
- Custom tailgate with Iconic “Toyota” logo
- Custom vintage headlight and taillight design
- Mud Flaps ’85 Toyota truck
Toyota will also display 15 other unique vehicles in its SEMA Show display (booth #24700 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center).