By Becca Butler
This year, the New Products Showcase will be located on the bridge between the Central and South Halls.
Just like the industry it represents, the SEMA Show evolves each year, and the 2015 event will include some new features and attractions. Following are noteworthy changes to look for at the 2015 SEMA Show:
- New Products Showcase New Location: The New Products Showcase has a new, convenient location—on the bridge between the Central and South Halls. The Showcase will also feature extended hours, opening at 8:00 a.m. (one hour before the Show floor opens) each morning of the Show, and a first-ever New Products Showcase Buyer Happy Hour, taking place Tuesday–Thursday, from 4:30 p.m.–5:30 p.m., where buyers will be able to unwind at the end of the day with a drink.
- Mobile App Scanning Capabilities: The SEMA Show Mobile App has been updated and improved. New this year is the app’s ability to act as a scanner in the New Products Showcase, which will then send users an email that includes a personalized list of products selected along with product details. With the app, attendees can stop worrying about writing the information down or losing a piece of paper and start scanning away in the New Products Showcase (located on the bridge between Central and South Halls).
- New First-Time & Featured Exhibitors Areas: This year’s SEMA Show includes four First-Time & Featured Exhibitors areas—two of which did not exist in 2014. Be sure to visit the Racing Annex, located in meeting rooms N110 off the Grand Lobby, and the Performance Pavilion, just outside the South Halls, adjacent to the Renaissance Hotel. Other First-Time & Featured Exhibitors areas are located in the east end of Upper South Hall and at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino. Each of these areas will include exhibitors representing various market segments, so buyers will not want to miss them.
- Transportation Hubs: Whether taking a taxi, the complimentary hotel shuttle buses or Uber/Lyft, two Transportation Hubs will be located at the convention center for Showgoers to get to and from the SEMA Show. These areas are located at the east end of the Performance Pavilion (just outside the South Halls) and at North Hall Door 10 (east end of the Grand Lobby, adjacent to the Racing Annex). For more information on transportation options available to Showgoers, visit the SEMA Show website.
- New Location for SEMA Ignited: The entire SEMA Ignited event was brand-new in 2014. This year, the event returns, but in a new location. Showgoers can simply walk across the street to the Gold Lot after the Show ends Friday, November 6, where consumers will join exhibitors and attendees from the exclusive trade-only SEMA Show. Showgoers get free access into the event with their Show badge. For more information or to secure consumer tickets, visit www.semaignited.com.
The 2015 SEMA Show is taking place November 3–6 in Las Vegas. Secure you credentials before Friday, October 16, to have your badge mailed in advance of the Show. For more information, visit www.semashow.com.