By SEMA Editors
The ’15 Fiesta ST is among the vehicles Ford is highlighting for its 2015 Project Vehicle Program.
2015 Ford Project Vehicle Program
Proposal Submission Deadline: March 2, 2015
Award Recipient Notification Date: by May 1, 2015
All project vehicle requests must be submitted in two parts and meet the following Ford Aftermarket Project Vehicle Program criteria:
Email a one-page project summary. Must be received by February 20, 2015. Include bullet points for:
- Vehicle modifications
- New product development
- Promotional plan
- Vehicle display location at the 2015 SEMA Show
Mail a detailed project proposal. Must be received by March 2, 2015. Include details supporting the one-page project summary on company letterhead, a color rendering and past project vehicle examples.
The Ford booth at the 2015 SEMA Show will highlight the following vehicles in addition to Ford's existing lineup. The provided links will allow you to research these products and find high-resolution images that may be used for proposal renderings.
- All-new ’16 Ford Edge Sport – Edge Sport is equipped with an exclusive, all-new 2.7L EcoBoost engine that will provide an exceptional combination of power and efficiency. Setting a new standard in world-class powertrain engineering, this twin-turbocharged V6 is one of the world’s most advanced engines. Expected to deliver more than 300 hp, this 2.7L EcoBoost will ensure Edge Sport is the highest-performance Edge ever. The suspension in Edge Sport has front and rear antiroll bars that are 15% stiffer than the base model, and unique rear monotube dampers that are larger in diameter. The coil springs are 10% thicker. Overall, with improved damping and control, Edge Sport offers 15%–20% better road-holding capability, giving the driver more control, sharper steering and greater confidence.
- Freshened ’16 Ford Explorer Sport – Explorer Sport is powered by a 3.5L twin-turbo EcoBoost V6, and features an intelligent four-wheel drive transmission with a terrain management system, sport-tuned suspension, trailer tow package, the Explorer badge emblazoned on the hood, fascia-integrated dual exhaust tips, 20-in. wheels, perforated leather-trimmed seats with red accent stitching, multi-piece satin chrome with carbon-fiber interior appearance inserts and a 12-speaker Sony audio system.
- ’15 Ford Fiesta ST – Fiesta ST is still more proof that small cars from Ford Motor Co. are anything but boring. In addition to a precision sport-tuned suspension and an improved braking system, Fiesta ST packs more punch under its hood than any other car in the segment.
- ’15 Freshened Ford Focus ST – Since its debut, Focus ST has been bringing fun-to-drive DNA to the hot hatch segment with a unique Ford blend of driving dynamics, performance and style. Now, with improved dynamics, an updated suspension, new styling and a more sophisticated cabin, expect the ’15 Focus ST to remain the hottest hatch worldwide.
- ’15 Mustang (2.3L EcoBoost/5.0L GT) – Mustang’s impact goes well beyond the 9-million-plus cars sold in its 50 years of continuous production. It has made thousands of appearances in film, television, music and video games, and is the world’s most-liked vehicle on Facebook. For the first time, Ford will bring Mustang to customers in key parts of Europe and Asia.
- ’15 F-150 – The ’15 F-150 delivers an impressive combination of power, capability and efficiency—from advanced materials that improve durability and inhibit corrosion, to faster processors that enhance driving performance, to breakthrough cargo management and towing solutions.
While the above vehicles have the greatest probability of being awarded, the entire retail Ford product lineup, with the exception of Ford GT, Raptor, GT350/R, Lincoln and hybrid products, is eligible for the Project Vehicle Program.
Ford Project Vehicle proposals must be submitted to:
Ford Motor Co.
21175 Oakwood Blvd., PDCDC MD579
Dearborn, MI 48124
Attn: Mike Nicopolis & Bob Galan