By SEMA Editors
The 2014 SEMA Award winners from each category will be announced at a press conference Tuesday morning at the 2014 SEMA Show.
The SEMA Award recognizes vehicle models that specialty-equipment manufacturers believe are the best platforms for accessorization and to showcase the year's newest products. The winners each year are determined by counting the vehicles that SEMA Show exhibitors choose to invest in and display in their booths.
With less than a week before the 2014 SEMA Show opens, pre-Show exhibitor data indicates the most frequently chosen vehicles in each of four categories. That data illustrates which vehicle models SEMA exhibitors believe will resonate with the enthusiast community in the coming year. The list of top vehicles provides a snapshot of platforms that the specialty-parts industry will invest in as a whole.
The top three vehicles in each category are as follows:
- Chevrolet Silverado
- Dodge Ram
- Ford F-Series
- Chevrolet Camaro
- Chevrolet Corvette
- Ford Mustang
- Cadillac Escalade
- Jeep Wrangler
- Toyota 4Runner
Hottest Sport Compact
- BMW 3-Series
- BMW 4-Series
- Honda Fit
From this group of finalists, a single winner in each category will be announced at a press conference Tuesday morning at the 2014 SEMA Show.
The 2014 SEMA Show will feature more than 2,400 exhibiting companies that manufacture thousands of products designed to improve performance, safety and convenience, as well as those that enhance appearance and comfort. While products are available for every make and model, exhibitors invest more in some vehicles than others. By taking note of the SEMA Award winners, consumers can expect to find great specialty products for accessorizing these vehicles. SEMA studies have shown that display of accessorized vehicles significantly influences sales at the retail level.
- The SEMA Award identifies and spotlights the new models that SEMA Show exhibitors plan to invest the most time, energy and dollars into.
- The Award predicts popularity in the enthusiast community and signals which new vehicle models enthusiasts find most appealing.
- By identifying an emerging trend, the SEMA Award helps drive the direction of an industry that generates $33 billion per year in the United States alone.
- Eligibility: New 2014–2015 model-year cars, trucks, 4x4-SUVs and sport compacts.
- Trophies will be awarded in four categories.
- Exclusive to OEM exhibitors
- Scoring: Based on the number of booth vehicles.
- Press Conference: Media breakfast, Tuesday, November 4, 2014, 7:30 a.m.–8:45 a.m., Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino, Ballroom A.