By Della Domingo
Central Hall houses Hot Rod Alley, Racing & Performance, and Restoration Marketplace.
The 2013 SEMA Show, held in the Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC), November 5–8, will include more than one million square feet of exhibit space. The SEMA Show is made up of three halls. The more familiar you are with the three halls, the easier it will be to navigate the event.
- Booths begin with the number “1” (e.g. 13049, 11639, 10816).
- Features five market segments: Business Services, Collision Repair & Refinish, Mobile Electronics & Technology, Restyling & Car Care Accessories, and Tools & Equipment.
- Includes Registration.
- Includes a “First Time & Featured Exhibitors” section. This is one of two such areas and includes more than 100 exhibitors, most of whom are first-time exhibitors showcasing products never seen before at the SEMA Show.
- Some North Hall exhibitors, features and attractions will actually be located in portions of the LVH, which is located north of North Hall.
- Booths begin with the number “2” (e.g. 20645, 23057, 25155, 25061).
- Features three market segments: Hot Rod Alley, Racing & Performance, and Restoration Marketplace.
- It’s helpful to note the shape of Central Hall. For the most part, it is a rectangle. However, there is a square that protrudes out in the southwest corner of the rectangle. Some people get a bit disoriented when passing through this square-shaped area.
- It’s also helpful to note the layout of the main rectangle-shaped area. There is a wall about a quarter of the way in that separates the west side from the east side. The wall actually lines up with the square mentioned in the bullet point above. Just to the east of the wall is the Ford Motor Co. booth, and there are steps leading down from there so that the east side of the hall is actually a bit lower than the rest of the hall.
South Hall is the only two-story hall. It is also the longest hall going from west to east, and includes an escalator in the middle:
Upper South Hall
- Booths begin with the number “3” (e.g. 30124, 34017, 34239).
- Features two market segments: Powersports & Utility Vehicles; and Trucks, SUVs & Off-Road.
- Includes a “First Time & Featured Exhibitors” section. This is one of two such areas that includes more than 100 exhibitors, most of whom are first-time exhibitors that are showcasing new products never before showcased at the SEMA Show.
- Also includes the New Products Showcase. In addition to being in a convenient location to view all the new products in a defined area, buyers are able to receive personalized lists (including exhibitor’s name, booth number and product details) based on products they identify. To obtain a personalize list, be sure to check out a scanning device when visiting the New Products Showcase.
- There are also meeting rooms in the southeast corner of Upper South Hall.
Lower South Hall
- Booths begin with the number “4” (e.g. 41013, 47163, 40285).
- Features two market segments: Global Tire Expo – Powered by TIA; and Wheels & Accessories.
More tips and suggestions on how buyers get the most from the 2013 SEMA Show will be available in upcoming issues of SEMA eNews. In addition, all of the information will also be presented during an upcoming SEMA webinar. The date and time of the webinar will be announced in an upcoming issue of SEMA eNews.