On Monday, May 17, balloting opens for the SEMA Select Committee elections. The elections represent your opportunity to guide the direction of your SEMA councils and committees. Each SEMA council member company will receive one e-mail with instructions and links for completing an electronic Select Committee ballot. Only one ballot per company is e-mailed, and only one ballot per company will be recorded.
The e-mail ballot will be addressed to the person listed as your company’s primary council contact in the SEMA membership database. Balloting will remain open through Friday, May 28. If you think that you are the primary council contact and do not receive an e-mail on Monday, May 17, contact your SEMA staff liaison immediately.
PRO Select Committee Nominees and Bios:
Mike Bolio – Repforce, INCUMBENT
I have worked in all aspects of the automotive aftermarket for more than 22 years. I have worked in a warehouse, in a retail store, for a manufacturer, and for the last 15 years, as manufacturer’s rep. I would like to get involved with the PRO Select Committee to help our industry and facilitate the needs of our members. I have served on the MRC Select Committee, YEN Select Committee, and I am currently chair of YEN’s Education Subcommittee. I have received awards from AIRAID, TruXedo and, KW along with a few others over the years. I believe I would be an asset to the PRO Select Committee and look forward to the opportunity.
Bob Carnahan – National Business Media
Bob Carnahan is publisher of Restyling magazine. He is a former publisher of RV Trade Digest and prior to that was the associate publisher of Restyling. He also served as director of member services for the Truck Cap & Accessory Association and has his roots from working as an operations manager for a truck cap and accessory manufacturer and distributor and manager of a retail cap and aftermarket accessory shop.
- Publisher, Restyling magazine and restylingmag.com
- Co-Founder and CEO, South Platte Brewery
- Councilman, Town of Milliken
- Volunteer, Milliken Centennial Committee 1910–2010
- Commissioned Member, KMB (Keep Milliken Beautiful)
- Chairperson, KMB Annual Golf Tournament
Wayne Casimir – Eagle Enterprises Inc. Incumbent
I have been in the automotive aftermarket for more than 27 years. I enjoy being active in PRO. I served on the PRO Nominating Committee in 2008, sponsored the PRO Membership Drive at the 2009 SEMA Show and currently am a member of the PRO Membership Task Force.
Brian Champa – Check Corporation, Incumbent
First, I want to say that I am honored to have been re-nominated for a position on the PRO Select Committee and will gladly apply myself for the good of our industry. As sales manager for Check Corporation (seat heaters), I have gained valuable experience with manufacturers, direct customers (installers), as well as the parts and service divisions of several OEMs. I have been a PRO member for four years and a SEMA member since 1995 and have chosen to attend every PRO Long Range Planning meeting and PRO meeting at SEMA during the open sessions. This past year I have been a member on the Select Committee and have participated in many PRO functions as well as served on the membership task force and currently Chairman of the TSTC task force.
I strongly believe that our industry benefits from SEMA councils. In these challenging times, it’s important to have a unified message to bring to dealers and auto manufacturers regarding the benefits of vehicle accessorization. I am committed to do what I can to help continue the success our industry has enjoyed and with your vote I will do my best to make sure that our long-term health in business is maintained.
Dave Edmondson – Roadwire (Distinctive Industries/Classic Soft Trim)
As a tenured aftermarket professional, I am honored to have been nominated by peers, friends and customers for the Professional Restylers Organization Select Committee. As an automotive enthusiast and an active member of SEMA’s ProPledge Program, I believe that my current leadership skills in aftermarket manufacturing and restyling, current industry relationships and overall commitment to continuous improvement will add additional depth to the team of professionals in the PRO Select Committee.
Current Positions Held:
- Roadwire Leather Interiors, Vice President
- Inalfa Sunroofs, Vice President of Sales
- Classic Soft Trim Restyling, Vice President
- Distinctive Industries, Vice President OEM Operations
I look forward to dedicating time and focus on the challenges facing the restyling segment of the automotive aftermarket and working in teams to develop effective strategies for dealing with industry-specific issues. I appreciate your time and consideration.
Josh Elliott – Auto Trim of Denver
My name is Josh Elliott, and I have been involved in the automotive restyling business for more than 18 years. As the owner of Auto Trim of Denver, I have seen first hand how a young entrepreneur can succeed in the restyling marketplace.
I began pinstriping cars and running mobile routes when I was 16, believing early on it was better to under promise and over deliver. These early experiences helped me learn a strong work ethic and standard of excellence which Auto Trim of Denver fully embraces today. I have seen the restyling industry evolve from spoilers, rocker panels and wheel covers to the industry it is today.
Auto Trim of Denver is active in the industry and feels strongly that we must raise our standards by participating and championing such programs as the SEMA/SEWA ProPledge program. In closing I feel I can help drive both the long- and short-term goals of PRO. If elected to the PRO Select Committee I would have the privilege of helping to shape an industry I truly love. I appreciate your support.
Douglas A. Frymer – Law Offices of Douglas A. Frymer
2000–present. Licensed in California—1991; Licensed in Nevada—2001; Business and Corporate Law and Litigation, Contracts, Review and Planning, Real Estate Law and Litigation, Commercial and Residential, Intellectual Property Issues and Litigation, Collections, Labor Matters, Regulatory and Environmental Compliance. Serve as outside director, conduct shareholder, director and executive meetings:
- Specialty Equipment Marketing Association (SEMA)
- Wheel & Tire Council (WTC): Select Committee, Past Chair, and member since inception
- Young Executives Network (YEN) Member 1994–2008, past Chair
- Import Performance Committee (now SPC): Member at inception
- Hot Rod Industry Alliance (HRIA): Member
- Professional Restylers Organization (PRO): Member
- 2000 Specialty Equipment Market Association (SEMA) Young Executive of the Year
- 2005: SEMA Wheel Industry Council Chair Recognition
- 2006: SEMA Wheel & Tire Council three-term Recognition
Nick Geiger – Cross Country Distributing
My name is Nicholas Geiger, I am the vice president of Cross Country Distributing Inc. We specialize in wholesale distribution of truck and car accessories. I joined my father in the family business after graduating from the University of Kentucky in 2001 with a major in business management. Upon joining Cross Country Distributing in 2001, we began expansion by way of direct delivery with our own fleet. With the simple mentality of providing superior customer service with only top-quality products, we were able to gain market share and continue to expand into new territories. We now have two warehouse distribution centers where we service more than five states with direct delivery, providing next-day service to our valued customers.
With an honest background and belief in the true chain of distribution from the manufacturer to the end user, I feel I can be an asset to the PRO committee by bringing knowledge and useful information from the warehouse WD level.
Stefan Majlinger – Katzkin Leather, INCUMBENT
- B.A. University of Michigan
- 1993–2001 – ASC Aftermarket Products (Technical Specialists and Regional Sales Manager)
- 2001–2005 – Inalfa Sunroofs – Regional Sales Manager
- 2005–Present – Katzkin Leather Interiors – Regional Sales Manager.
- Have been assisting restylers to higher standards with programs like “Pro Sales Training Manual,” SEMA Certification, ASE Certification and SEMA/ProPledge Recommended Business Practices.
David P. Maxey – Maxey Seat Cover Inc.
My name is David P. Maxey and for many years, my family business has been a member of SEMA as well as PRO. Currently, I serve as vice president for sales development focusing on dealership, retail and social media market penetration. It is this experience that I feel makes me a perfect fit for the Select Committee. In addition, I have additional experience that includes:
- Assisting PRO in developing the SEMA PRO Installer Certification Tests (Sunroofs and Simulated Convertibles)
- Served as national automotive product manager (Solutia – CPFilms) for several years. As the world-leading manufacturer for Window Film (LLUMAR), I helped to develop a dealership-based marketing effort for our clients to enter the automotive dealership networks. The self-adhesive test was something I helped push so that many for my local installers would benefit for proper certification. Additionally, I have developed many industry relationships for this position.
- Currently have passed all the installer certification tests and will be taking the A6 in May so that we can participate in the SEMA ProPledge.
- Have served on local boards such as Leadership Roanoke Valley, Kazim Shriners, Roanoke Valley Young Professionals and until recently served as assistant coach and general manager for the Virginia Tech Ice Hockey Team.
- It is my hope that you can find time to place your vote for me. I hope to ultimately bring my experience as an installer, territory sales manager and owner and as a national product manager to the Select Committee to offer a well-rounded member.
Ellen McKoy – EMK Marketing
I am grateful and honored to have been nominated for a seat on the PRO Select Committee. My career in the restyling industry spans 35 years, and from my very first day as co-owner of a restyling center serving car dealers, I’ve been hooked.
Currently an industry consultant and freelance journalist, I joined the SEMA staff in 1994 and spent nearly 16 years in key management positions. Most recently, I held the dual positions of senior director of dealer relations and executive director of the ProPledge warranty assurance initiative. Throughout my tenure, I worked closely with PRO, serving as staff liaison for 12 years. My prior background includes editor of Auto Trim & Restyling News and associate editor of Trucking Times Work, Play & SUV. I previously served on the SEMA Board of Directors, chaired the PRO council from 1990–1993 and was named SEMA Woman of the Year in 1992. I received the Mobile Tech Expo Lifetime Achievement Award in 2007, and in 2009 was honored with the Women’s Automotive Association International Spirit of Leadership Award and the Jim Borre Lifetime Achievement Award from PRO.
My past experience within the SEMA organization, my active interest in and involvement with PRO and knowledge of the restyling industry have given me a unique understanding of the industry and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead. I look forward to sharing my experience and to serving all members of PRO in an effective and knowledgeable manner. Thank you for your consideration and support.
Doug Perez – Automotive Essentials, INCUMBENT
My intentions are to see that quality restylers are provided with the very best education, training, products and standards to ensure the continued success of our industry. I have a true love and passion for the automotive industry. I have shown this through my business success and my relationships among my peers. I feel my ethics and standards for customer service are the main reason for my achievements.
Automotive Essentials Inc. was incorporated in June 2001. We have obtained double-digit growth every year since our inception. We currently have 15 employees and are growing.
Below are some accomplishments that have been acknowledged by our industry suppliers.
Webasto North America Achievements
- Top Ten Dealers for the Southeast Region from 2003 to the present.
- Glassback Certified Installation Facility and Distributor
- Chosen to be a TVS900 Certified Installer
- Top 20 Dealer for the United States 2006 and 2007.
- Pilot ProPledge Member, December 2006
WyoTech Blairsville, PA 2006
- August 206 Committee Member for the advisory board
SEMA/Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- April 2005 Test Revision Workshop/Z3 Leather Interior