SEMA Member News—March/April 2013
UPS Delivers Enhanced Benefits to SEMA Members
Running a business can be tough going these days. Your membership in SEMA is an important ally, and now it’s an even stronger force with enhanced SEMA-member benefits from UPS.
SEMA members can now enjoy exclusive discounts on UPS services and solutions that can help to streamline and expand operations while trimming time, waste and expense. Members also enjoy significant discounts on package deliveries and export rates as well as UPS freight.
UPS can also help you manage risk and cash flow with special offers from UPS Capital and the UPS Package Design and Test Lab. And with the ongoing fight to protect margins, a 10% discount on qualifying business services at participating The UPS Store locations can help keep overhead low. For those SEMA members who need assistance with business processes, such as sales, shipping, tracking and billing, members can also access several UPS Ready Program providers for turnkey software solutions.
Discounts on Package and Freight Shipping
- Package Deliveries: Up to 34% off next-day, second-day, three-day and commercial ground services, and up to 17% off residential ground service. U.S. exports qualify for a 39% discount on international export rates.
- UPS LTL Freight: Minimum 72% off UPS freight shipments with potential for additional incentives based on shipping characteristics.
Special Pricing or Discounts on Value-Added Business Services
- UPS Capital Flex Parcel Insurance: Flexible parcel insurance from UPS Capital Insurance Agency protects time-sensitive goods and other hard-to-value items in the event of loss, damage or delay. Flexible Parcel Insurance Basic is available to SEMA members for $0.45 per $100 or fraction thereof in excess of the minimum insured value. The minimum premium for each insured package is $1.35.
- UPS Capital Cargo Finance Loans: Cargo Finance from UPS Capital helps companies manage cash flow by financing a portion of in-transit inventory earlier and faster in the supply chain. SEMA members are eligible for a reduced closing fee of .05%.
- UPS Package Design and Test Lab: SEMA members receive 15% off the ISTA 3A test price.
- 10% Discount on Business Services at The UPS Store: SEMA members get 10% off business services at participating The UPS Store locations, including copies, laminating and binding, fax services, mailbox service, office supplies and packaging services and supplies. (Participating stores and services vary.)
“The enhanced level of benefits UPS now offers SEMA members reflects our ongoing commitment to the automotive industry and the premier trade association for the automotive specialty-equipment market,” said Kristin DeBates, automotive segment marketing manager at UPS. “Logistics is our passion, but our mission is to help customers build business more efficiently, and these new offers can do just that.”
To access the new benefits, members can visit www.sema.org and select “Membership” at the top of the page, then click on the “Membership Benefits” link and follow the UPS link for more information and to enroll.
“SEMA is always looking for ways to add value to our members’ benefits, and our strong partnership with UPS provided a great solution,” said Gary Vigil, SEMA membership director. “The discounts and benefits offered by UPS can make all the difference to a business trying to grow in these tough economic times.”
For more information on UPS offer specifics and requirements, visit www.sema.org/ups.